Early is better, don’t wait! The best teams often apply early, here’s why.
Our application process enables teams to send us progress updates. Don’t wait to have the perfect application, get an application in as soon as practical and then send us regular progress updates.
If you have any questions not covered in the below, we’re more than happy to talk to you. Please get in touch.
- Team – composition, attitude, motivation, experience, cohesiveness
- Idea – market size and opportunity, disruptiveness of product
- Investment potential – investability and clear pathway for follow on rounds
- Programme fit – cultural fit for programme
- No lone wolves; must be two or more (but no more than 5 either – the sweet spot is 3 to 4)
- Must be willing and able to be based on site for the duration of the programme (must relocate to city the programme is running in if out of region/country)
- Must be willing and able to work full time on the opportunity (no bootstrapping – that’s what the seed funding is for)
- A natural CEO, at least one technical member and a marketing person
- At a life stage where acceleration is appropriate and can have an impact
- The opportunity has prospects in larger markets
- First external funding (Angel/Seed Plus) is foreseeable
- Open and receptive to advice/feedback, good to work with
- You excite us and we want to work with you
- Building your team (getting the business, technical, marketing and other talent you need to be successful)
- Your prototype or product
- Achieving key milestones (sign-ups, page views, sales, TechNZ grants and so on)
Frequently Asked Questions