Five reasons why should apply for the Kiwi FinTech Accelerator
Joining an accelerator programme is a big step for any business. But big decisions can reap big rewards. If you’re an entrepreneur, start-up or an established fintech business ready to supercharge your venture, here are five reasons you should consider applying for the Kiwi FinTech Accelerator.
1. Powerful connections
You’ll get access to a network of startups, corporates and mentors both locally and internationally. Chances are you’ll only ever be one degree away from that potential customer you really want to chat with, when you’re part of the LIghtning Lab accelerator network.
The Kiwi FinTech Accelerator is backed by some amazing partners like Kiwibank, Xero, SBS, Centrix and Visa. Having access to these partnerships is a huge competitive advantage when you are starting out; from helping you find the best path to market, to kickstarting collaboration opportunities.
2. World-class expertise
During the accelerator, you’ll learn startup tools and methodologies from the Lightning Lab team. After six years running accelerators in New Zealand, they have a thing or two to pass on.
You’ll have access to:
- Startup Coaches – experienced people who have a strong background in coaching lean startup, agile development and exponential growth.
- Industry Experts – top minds in the financial industry, including current and former industry executives, Financial Authority officials and data analysts.
- Functional Experts – experts in their fields of sales, digital marketing, user experience, growth metrics, pricing and financial modelling.
- Top Mentors – seasoned mentors in NZ who can help you take the rough edges off your venture and make sure you are pointed in the right direction
- Peer Support – you’ll work with other ventures, likely going through similar challenges you’ll go through. You’ll gain access to a wide network of alumni from our previous accelerator programmes, who have already experienced those same challenges!
3. Frank Feedback
Getting an honest take on your business from industry leaders who have been-there-done-that is difficult to come across. KFA’s coaches and mentors get to the heart of the matter fast. Essentially it’s like receiving three months of free consulting advice when you need it most. It’s not always easy to hear, but you can bet it challenges you to think and move faster.
4. Laser Focus
If you really want to make your business scale, you’ll need to focus on it full-time and give it all of your energy. The KFA demands this kind of focus and commitment, so it is a great launch pad to make this leap.
5. Money, Money, Money
Every participating startup in Kiwi FinTech receives NZD$20,000 funding to start with; this investment allows founders to really focus those three months to build a strong foundation for their business. During the accelerator and the final Demo Day Showcase, you’ll also get to pitch in front of the top early-stage investors in Australasia, so you can raise some real money and get your idea off the ground.
Now in its third year, the KiwiFinTech Accelerator is strategically partnered by Kiwibank and Xero, with support from SBS, Centrality, Visa and Centrix. We’re looking for ventures with a game-changing idea in the fintech sector. Sound like you? Apply before 24 May.