Why Lightning Lab Electric?
You’ve got a great idea for a business that is going to revolutionise the electricity sector. You’ve got some cool people to work on it with you. You’ve done the research, read The Lean Startup, you KNOW you’ve got something that people want. And now you’re wondering, what’s next?
If you are a true startup, Lightning Lab Electric is here to help you take your startup idea and turn it into a viable business.
If you are an existing business with a great new product concept, Lightning Lab Electric is the place to focus your energy on that concept, treat it like a startup, and determine what to build and invest in further.
Compressed into an intense three months, Lightning Lab Electric will give you:
- Money – A bit of cash so you can focus on the idea properly (if you need it)
- Dedicated Space – Some great space where you can work with others who have the same desire to build cool businesses in the electricity sector
- Top Mentors – some of the most seasoned mentors in NZ who can help you take the rough edges off your venture and make sure you point yourself in the right direction
- Startup Coaches – our experienced staff who have a strong background in teaching lean startup, agile development and exponential growth.
- Industry Experts – some of the top minds in the electricity industry, including current and former industry executives, Electricity Authority officials, data analysts and consultants.
- Functional Experts – some of the best experts in their fields of sales, digital marketing, user experience, growth metrics, pricing, and financial modeling.
- Investor connections – the connections to the top early stage investors in Australasia so you can raise some real money and get this thing off the ground.
Along with this, you’ll get:
Getting an honest take on your business from experienced founders who have been-there-done-that is difficult to come across. Our mentors and coaches tend to cut through the crap fast. Essentially it’s like receiving three months of critical advice when you need it most. It’s not always easy to hear, but you can bet it challenges you to think and move faster.
If you really want to make your business scale, you will need to focus on it full-time, and give it all of your energy. The Lightning Lab Electric Accelerator demands this kind of focus and commitment, so it is a great launch pad to make this leap.
Endless long hours and hard work create a special bond among the teams in the programme. There are wonderful memories and great friendships to be made. Ask any of our alumni what they think about the relationships they made with the other teams in the programme. They are our best proponents. This network of future founders and CEOs is invaluable and something that the Lightning Lab Electric Acclerator will continue to facilitate into the future.